Safe Moving & Handling
1 Day TQUK Level 2 Award in Safe Moving & Handling (RQF)
This qualification is intended as a further development qualification for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of items is an essential part of their role. Individuals gaining this qualification will learn that any moving and handling must be carried out correctly and recognise the importance of this in ensuring a safer working environment for all. Learners will develop their knowledge and skill in relation to moving and handling, including:
- The reasons for safe moving and handling
- The importance of risk assessment
- The principles of safe manual handling
- The safe application of manual handling skills
This course is made up of 1 mandatory unit that learners will need to complete. The aims and outcomes for this unit are as follows:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for anybody in the workplace who will be require moving objects as part of their role.
Please see Booking Form for course costs